About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Wind (toddler)

  • Wind Watch: We watched the wind for a few minutes so I was sure she knew what wind was.
  • Paper Bag Kite: We decorated brown paper lunch bags w/ crayons and stickers. Then I used a hole punch and put a whole near the top on both sites and stuck some yarn through to make a handle. We went outside and the kids ran around, holding onto their paper bag kite handles letting them "fly". They loved them!
  • Wind Chime: We played with the wind chimes for a bit. She shook them, hit them and watched the wind blow them.
  • Like the wind: I pulled out different objects (a feather, a piece of cardboard, and a small rock) and asked her which one the wind could blow. Then I demonstrated how we can make wind by blowing out of our mouths. She blew each object --- the feather was the easiest to move and I asked her why. She said b/c it's small. She shocks me sometimes. ;) Then we played around with the feather. All three of us tried to keep it from touching the ground by blowing it up into the air. We couldn't let it touch the floor or our hands. The kids had a ball!
  • Wind Dance: I attached crepe paper to her wrists and she spun in circles and danced around pretending to be the wind. :)

No comments: