About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Letter 'C' - Day 3

  • Camel Cal's C Race
    • similar to the others. I made a board game and then I printed out small pictures of different objects. If the objects starts with a C then move one space, if not, don't move. If you get Camel Cal then you get to move 2 spaces! Collin leaves these so I continue to do them for each letter and they're great to work on phonics with.
  • Candy Estimating
    • I filled up a jar with candy (we used peppermints) and estimated how many were in the jar.
  • Clap and Count
    • We practiced counting. We clapped with each number but I made it a bit tricky. I would say... every 10 numbers we through our hands out on the last number then spin around on the first. Example "[spin around] 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-[throw hands out] 10 - [spin around] 11-12-... it was fun. We had to do it several times before he got the hang of it but it was fun!! 
Today was pretty simple... we didn't do much but we always seem to keep Fridays simple.

No comments: