About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Letter 'C' - Day 4

  • First we did a graphing activity. We worked on colors -- favorite colors to be exact and graphed other ppl's favorite colors. He's really getting good with graphs.
  • After that we made "crazy crayons". This means that I took all of those old and broken crayons that no one likes to use and recycled them. :) We peeled off the paper and then put them in lined muffin tins. We stuck them in the oven on the lowest setting until they were just barely melted. (You don't want them too melted or all the colors will mix and turn brown.) I took it out and stuck it in the freezer for about half an hour. When I removed it from the freezer I just popped the "crazy crayons" out of the paper and we had some fun coloring. They're their favorite crayons now, even if they are shaped like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. hehe!
  • We played Crossing the Creek. I made a "creek" out of rope and we jumped across it. I gradually made it wider and wider until we couldn't jump it anymore.

No comments: