About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Spoon Spree (toddler)

  • Spoon painting: Pour tempera paint into a bowl and mix w/ salt for texture. Have child paint a picture using salted paint and spoon.
  • Spoon Puppet: Draw a face on spoon and then tie a napkin around "neck" for the clothes.
  • Stirring Fun: Walk in a circle, pretend to stir a huge pot in the middle. Give directions, go fast, go slow, go the other way... etc.
  • Little Spoons and Big Spoons: Get out measuring spoons or spoons that are different sizes. Have child sort the spoons by size. If measuring spoons -- have child try to nest them inside one another.
  • Eat a snack w/ a spoon.

No comments: