About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Push and Pull (toddler activities)

  • Blanket Pull: Place toy on blanket and have child pull blanket around w/o toy falling off.
  • Jingly Sock Pull: Put a bell in an old sock and stuff it w/ newspaper. Tie it off with string and enough hanging off for a handle. Child can pull it around.
  • Push Cars: Make a road on the floor with masking tape and have child push it around inside. We have a rug with roads on it so we just used that.
  • Tractor Push: Put some books in a box and secure it shut. Have child pretend to be a tractor and push box (pretend to be a rock) around the house.
  • Push and Pull Basket: This is great for learning to follow directions. Put some toys in a laundry basket and give child directions. For example "push basket to tv" "Pus basket to window"... etc.

No comments: