About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Day 1 (preschool)

  • I had several items sitting on the table: Easter eggs, a stuffed Easter bunny, an Easter basket, and a picture of Christ. We went through each item, saving the picture of Christ for last and I asked, "Is this why we celebrate Easter?" Finally, we got to Christ and he was very excited to shout "YES!"
  • After that we read a story called The First Easter. It's one of those picture stories so he helped read it too.
  • Next we cut out The Empty Tomb and worked on handwriting a bit. Just follow the directions on the link. The pic is above... wouldn't load down here. Not sure what's going on.
  • Matching: We did an Easter egg matching game. I printed out two copies of this picture on cardstock and then cut them out and played a game of Memory. For some reason I couldn't get the eggs to show up here and they kept appearing at the top of the post so... the eggs are above. Sorry!!
  • Finally, we did an eggsperiment. Does a hard boiled egg or raw egg spin faster?
I'm sure you may have noticed that all of the pics are at the top of this post. I'm not sure what is wrong but for some reason it won't let me put the pics in the post. Grrrrr.... I think you can figure out which pic goes w/ which activity. :)

No comments: