Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Language Arts Curriculum

My life is busy, but I've been having trouble finding a language arts curriculum that I really like, is low maintenance, and goes with my children's learning styles. So, I made videos. It's a recording of me actually teaching the lessons. I also have notebooking pages to go with them. It's a work in progress. I do them in 6 week sessions.

How does this work? Watch one video a week and then use the notebooking pages during the week.

1st 6 weeks for 2nd grade:
youtube videos found here
Packet to go with it is here

Wk 1 - Who, what, when, why, where and how in literature
Wk 2 - Informational Texts
Wk 3 - Long and short vowel sounds
Wk 4 - Find the central message
Wk 5 - Who, what when, where, why, and how in informational texts
Wk 6 - Vowel Teams

No comments: