About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Letter 'C' - Day 2

  • Read Corduroy by Don Freeman         
  • I showed him what corduroy felt like and looked like. Then I pulled out a bunch of cloth samples and we made a cloth collage.
  • Where did Corduroy lose his button? He drew a picture of where Corduroy may have lost his button and then glued a button on the picture.
  • Finally (this took a while) we made crystals for science. Well, we got them started. He's going to keep a journal of his observations. He's very excited about them. I just hope they work. ;) More info on growing crystals, click here.

No comments: