About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Monday, February 8, 2010

Prayer - Daniel in the Lion's Den

Tonight was Ronni's turn to do the lesson. She's two so I asked her what she wanted me to talk about. She said cats so I asked her if lions were okay and she excitedly said yes. So.... I planned to mainly just talk about the importance of prayer and show a movie on Daniel in the Lion's Den.

We sang a song and then Collin (4 yo) said the opening prayer. Well, he said it really fast and short and then seemed proud of that so I ad-libbed. I started talking about how Heavenly Father is the father of our spirits and that prayer is how we communicate to our Father in Heaven. Then I grabbed my cell phone and flipped it open and asked Collin to demonstrate how he starts a conversation with Daddy.
He said, "Hi Dad."
Then I asked him how he starts a conversation with Heavenly Father. He said "Dear Heavenly Father." Then we went over the steps of praying like that.
After we discussed prayer and the importance for him I asked him if he wanted to see a movie about a prophet who loved the Lord and wanted to obey Him so much that he didn't want to stop talking to Him, even when he may die for doing it. That sure got his attention.
Then we watched Daniel in the Lion's Den.
We talked a bit about the story then said closing prayer and did a coloring page before refreshments of fruit and homemade whipped cream.

No comments: