About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Friday, February 12, 2010

The Letter 'A' - Day 6

Today was a bit of an odd day. During craftivities, a friend called b/c she needed help so I went to pick her up and take her home. Then... the exciting news... it snowed in South Carolina!!! Who knew!! Not just our normal dusting but there are several INCHES of snow out there and it's still falling. My kids were a bit excited so once the snow started nothing happened except playing in the snow. Here's what we did though:

First, we went on a walk. The main point was to observe ants but since there were no ants on the surface of the ground b/c of the cold, we figured out letters different things started with that we found outside. It was actually fun. Collin enjoyed it.

Next, since we were unable to observe any ants outside we watched some youtube videos on ants. There were some really really neat ones. I'll attach my favorite (it'll be at the very end)... I learned a lot about the colony.

 
Then Collin made a mural that we added to the lapbook. (I'll try to make a video on this lapbook soon so you can see everything we did). The orange is the ant hill and the brown are the ants. Obviously the green is grass, blue sky, and yellow sun. He did it by himself. I was proud of him. =D

No comments: