About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Letter 'A' - Day 2

 
First we read this book. (Side note: Collin loved it -- I read it twice and he's been quoting it all day.)


Next, Collin and I cut out letters and glued them to paper. This gave him a chance to work with letters AND scissors which he really needs to get better with. He's left handed and I just bought him left handed scissors two days ago so it's all new for him. ;)
Once the glue is dry we'll put these together to make a letter book. The cover of this book (upper right hand by Ronni) says "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! Will there be enough room for...?"

While the glue was drying we went outside -


and did the Alligator Crawl


the Bunny hop


the Crab crawl


the Duck waddle (this is done by bending your knees and "waddling" that way -- it's hard to tell in this pic but Ronni was just so cute trying to do it.)


and the Elephant walk.
After a bit of playing outside we went back in to check out letters.


And made a book. ;)
Lapbook addition came from here.
 
This is the coconut tree for Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! He wrote the letters by himself so they could climb the tree. He kinda covered up the coconuts w/ the letters and he made the leaves into stairs for the letters so they wouldn't fall. haha!! I thought it was pretty funny! I glued this to the back of the pocket on the lapbook. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.