About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Monday, January 25, 2010

FHE - Building Strong Families

Collin was in charge of music and he chose "My Eternal Family".
Then we said an opening prayer and started the lesson. I got the idea from here.
I talked about the first family -- Adam and Eve -- and discussed how they had to teach their kids so they could be a strong family. Then I had the kids name things that a family should do. The website gives examples like 'show love', 'service', 'use kind words'. I put them on blocks then we stacked them up and I talked about how if we do all these things we can be a strong building but if we don't do one of these (I pulled out that block) the family weakens (all the blocks fell over). We did this a couple of times, pulling out different blocks, each time the "family" fell over. The kids had fun!
Here are some examples:

No comments: