About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Feet Day 1


We started by tracing the kids' feet onto paper. I spaced their feet a little bit apart so they could be butterfly wings. Then the kids colored them, painted them with glue, then glittered them. (Ignore the pineapple, that was our snack. ;)


This was our math for the day. I made this caterpillar out of an egg carton. I cut out 6 cups and ran a pipe cleaner through them. I put antennae on the front with a cute little smiley face. My 2 yo worked on counting the bodies and my 4 year old worked on addition and subtraction in increments of two.

Finally, a little song and dance number. We sang "Dancing Man" and of course, we had to wiggle around to whatever we were singing about. I'll post the lyrics of the song below.

Dancing Man

Sung to : "This Old Man"


This old man, he has feet,

See him dancing down the street.

With a tip, tap, tip, tap,

Watch him go,

Sometimes fast and sometimes slow.


This old man, he has feet,

See him twirling down the street.

With a tip, tap, tip, tap,

Watch him go,

Sometimes fast and sometimes slow.


Additional verses: "See him leaping down the street. See him jumping down the street. See him marching down the street."

1 comment:

Adelina said...

I love it! So glad you're blog is back!