About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Friday, January 22, 2010

Feet Day 3



Craft: (Well, ignore the distraught face there... they both wanted the orange crayon. ;) We used some of the footprints from the other day and glued them to a popsicle stick. They colored them and drew a face on them.
Language Arts: Here the kids had to tell me about their footprints so... this is the interview I had with Mr. Bode (yellow) and Mrs. Boley-dalawie (no idea where Collin came up w/ those names.)
me:What do you like to do, Mr. Bole?
Mr.Bode: I like to play catch w/ my sister but she runs away with my ball.
me: What kinds of shoes do you like to wear?
Mr Bode: My 'jump really high, run really fast shoes". They help me chase my sister, knock her down and take my ball back -- but that's really mean.
Mr. Bode and Mrs. Boley-dalawie then re-enacted this sequence for me -- quite interesting.
me: Is there anything else you'd like to share with us Mr.Bode?
Mr.Bode: I love going fishing!
me: laugh and turn to Mrs. Boley-dalawie What do you like to do?
Mrs. Boley-dalawie: Drink juice boxes.
Me: What are your favorite shoes?
Mrs. Boley-dalawie: my church shoes.
Mr.Bode: Her super-fast running shoes!
me: Is there anything else you'd like to share?
Mrs. Boley-dalwie: I like to color.

Science: We examined feet. How do they move? Are our feet different? How -- big small? colors?
Then we wiggled our feet different ways to see what happens... we wiggled toes, walked our feet, ran, and jumped (all while sitting in a circle -- that works your abs. ;)

Math: We matched.... ;) Do I really need t explain. In case you can't tell, the second picture is of socks b/c I thought shoe would be too simple for the four year old.


No comments: