About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Feet Day 2

 
Craft: We went outside and made footprints on waxed paper. We made an assembly line... first the pan of paint, then the wax paper, bucket full of soapy, warm water, and the towel. The kids loved it. I wish I had an extra pan so one of them could have been a different color but I only had one pan.


Movement/following directions: After we made footprints we walked on footprints. I cut out a bunch of black footprints. First, I arranged them in a simple walking pattern. Then, I spaced them apart so they had to jump. I made them a little more complex as we went. The kids had fun making up their own patterns too.


This one was too simple for my four year old so he helped me teach Ronni, my two year old. I cut footprints out of different colored construction paper -- two of each color. I got one set of colors and the other set I laid out on the table. I held up a color so Ronni could see and asked her to find the matching color. She would hand it to me and then Collin would tell her the color and have her repeat it.


Finally, Collin worked on writing his letters in a dry-erase letter book we have while Ronni colored.
 

No comments: