About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Children's Book of the Week












I know... that's a really long name. haha!! In case you can't read it in the picture it's called, Jared and the Ordinary Handy-dandy, Excellent, Extraordinary Plain Brown String. Yes, quite a name. ;) 

Jared's mom gets a gift in the mail and challenges her kids to see what they can do w/ the wrapping. One child gets the wrapper, one gets the box and Jared gets the string. What can a little boy do with string? Find out as you read this story about "the joy of sharing." It's a wonderful story w/ a great moral!
Reading level 9-12 yrs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.