About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Milk - day 1

I am hoping to do better this week. I'm not even going to try to catch up. I'll just start the blog here. ;) hehe! Today for our craft we painted w/ evaporated milk. I put a little bit of milk in the cups of a muffin tray and added a couple of drops of food coloring. That's it!


The cat, Baker, even enjoyed it. hehe

Here's Collin's final product. Isn't it beautiful?? hehe!

For a snack we had cheese kabobs. I cut the cheese into squares and Collin helped to stab them w/ the pretzels. LOL!




Finally, we played a math game. I numbered paper plates from 1-9. I also cut out 9 triangles (cheese wedges) and used a hole punch to put holes in them to correspond w/ each plate. Collin first put the plates in numerical order then he counted the holes in the cheese and placed them on the correct plate. He loved it and asked to play again.






No comments: