About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Singing Time: Jan '15 Week 1



I am going to introduce the song I Know That My Savior Loves Me by singing the song with the book. So, it'll be like I'm reading the book except instead of speaking the words, I'll sing the words. I'll invite anyone who knows it to sing along. This book is full of beautiful pictures. You can find the book on Amazon here.

After that, we'll do the echo method of teaching the song. I'll sing a line and they kids will echo it. We'll talk a little about the words as well  -- why were there tears on his face? or the chorus being a testimony.

Finally, we'll switch to a new song (Families Can Be Together Forever) and I'll introduce the fermata symbol. I have a fermata symbol printed out and will explain what it means. Then, I'll have children take turns coming up and holding the paper up when we should hold a word and so on. The pianist will have fun with this one. LOL!

No comments: