About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Friday, August 26, 2011

Out of School Programs

Funding for public schools right now is a bit of a joke. They are laying off the people who teach our children regularly and cutting out extra curricular activities, especially the arts. More and more families spend extra time doing extra curricular activities after school. What types of activities do your children do?

My son, kindergartner, is involved in Tae Kwon Do. It has been amazing watching the growth and the independence come from only two hours a week. He is making new friends, developing interests and skills that he wouldn't develop at home or in school. Today he is getting tested for his next belt -- white, orange, YELLOW!!! So, what do your kids do?

No comments: