About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best Day Ever!

That is what my kids said about today. It was the best day ever! Of course, they say this often b/c we like to do fun things around here. So, I am sure you are eager to hear what exactly we did today to make my 5 & 3 yo say that it was the BEST day ever.... Well, we made smelly playdough. hehe!! We have been learning about our senses in science and today we focused on the sense of smell so we made playdough with lavender oil. You could use vanilla extract or whatever too.

  • 3 c flour
  • 3 c water
  • 1.5 c salt
  • 3 TBS cream of tartar
  • 3 TBS oil
  • 1 TBS extract.
We actually just made half of this and left out the extract. Since it was half the recipe I added 1 TBS of oil and then .5 TBS of lavender essential oil. :) We now have a very aromatic lump of playdough. Now, if you make it, be prepared for a mess! :)

No comments: