About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Been a while

I know it's been a while since I've posted on here. My camera is old and pretty pathetic and we've been doing a lot of stuff based off of a curriculum and I felt bad posting it so I haven't been. However, in the fall Collin will officially be in kindergarten. My husband and I have been trying to decide what to do -- if we want to continue with the homeschooling or send him to school. We finally decided on somewhere in the middle, K12. Or, more specifically a South Carolina virtual charter school. We have already started the enrollment process. The only thing we have left is getting them documents proving we are who we say we are. It was a difficult decision for us. You can read more about that here. Apparently they have lots of conventions and things for parents and monthly outings for the kids so I'm very excited about this. I will post more about it as we get into the program. I'll give the good, the bad, and the ugly right here for everyone to see. :) I hope we are making the right choice, I feel very confident in it right now. It's just that this is such an important decision that I don't want to make the wrong one. Wish us luck!! :) 

No comments: