About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Seasons: Winter

Music: "Once There Was a Snowman"

Literature:
Math: We talked a bit about how birds fly south for the winter and then we learned how to use a compass. The kids loved it. I spun them around in circles with their eyes closed and they had to find south, we went to different rooms and we went outside and they used the compass to figure out where they were going. So fun!
Art: We made paper snowflakes.
Language arts: I drew a few simple pictures having to do with winter on one side of a piece of paper and then they tried to copy them on the other. I drew a star, a snowman, and a Christmas tree.
Science: We went back to the birds flying south and then talked about the birds who stayed and how they found food. Then we made a bird feeder.

And put it in a tree outside. :)

No comments: