About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hearts Day 1

I am a little behind and should have posted this one yesterday ... sorry! =D

I drew hearts on papertowels in different colors. The kids then painted them with water and watched which colors bled out of the heart.


Here is Collin concentrating hard. ;)

The green bled blue and yellow.


The black bled all kinds of colors.



Afterwards we played a rhyming games. I had hearts in a paper bag w/ different pictures on them. The kids took turns pulling out a heart and they had to come up w/ words that rhymed w/ the picture. It was fun and challenging.
We also sang a heart song and had waffles cut into heart shapes for a snack.




No comments: