About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bears Day 3

The kids made bear puppets out of paper bags. Notice Collin has two on his hands -- that's b/c one of them was Ronni's but she was napping. ;)




We also made bear shaped cookies. Here are the kids using the cookie cutter to make the bear shapes. Some of the shapes didn't turn out quite right but they were close. Sometimes they didn't roll out the dough enough so the bear was missing legs or an ear but it was okay. They were their cookies.



The cookies have been baked and now we're decorating them!! We used chocolate icing and then chocolate chips and marshmallows for decorations.

Now the best part.... eating!



Collin



Jordyn



McKenzie
Finally: for math/language arts I told the story of the three bears w/ props. Afterwards we went through the house and compared big, medium, and small sizes. ;)





No comments: