About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Singing Time: Songs of the Heart

Last Sunday of 2014!!! Singing Time today was Songs of the Heart. It was super simple.

Before Primary: Prepare a jar and cut out hearts


Read Doctrine and Covenants 25: 12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

Pass out a heart to each child. Have them write their name and their favorite song on them. For the rest of singing time, pull out a heart and sing a child's favorite song! So simple.

I think it went really well. The kids seemed to have fun and it was fun getting to know the children's songs and why those songs were their favorite. I also had that child come to the front and help lead the song or do the hand motions with me.

Sr Primary Favorite was A Child's Prayer
Jr Primary Favorite was A Child of God and I Love to See the Temple


No comments: