About Me

I'm a mom, a teacher, a student, a wife, and a scout leader. I am actually an education major currently working on my practicum in a 2nd grade classroom. I also home school my two children. I'm also a cub scout leader, a girl scout leader, and at church I'm the children's music leader. ;) I tend to stay a little busy. My state requires homeschoolers to keep a portfolio. I am going to use this blog as my portfolio.

What am I?

Thursday, January 26, 2012

My morning...

How do I start my morning? First off... I try to wake up before the children. I really need that time to just have a little bit of quiet. Although, they seem to be waking up earlier and earlier and it's making it really hard for me to find my peace but that's another post all together. ;) Anyways, I wake up and go through each assignment of the day. It makes it fresh in my mind and makes the day flow better. I do something similar to the work-box system.
I have everything that we will need in each box. I even have the candle, my scissors, our pencil box, the three hole punch, and my folder with the flash cards in it. I'll do another post on that later. This just makes the day go so much better for us. I have been refreshed on what we're doing and everything is set up and ready. This was this morning and Thursdays we don't do Art or Music b/c Collin has speech therapy instead so that's why there are only four boxes out but there are normally five. :)

No comments: